So here it all starts. Not sure where it'll go or how far I'll get. But a start is all you need. In fact, it's all we're capable of in the beginning.
I suppose it's exciting. Although a little of the magic of creating and keeping a blog has slightly depleted over the last few hours I have spent painstakingly trying to attempt what you now see.
I think, to start off with, I should admit that technology and I are not on the best of terms! In fact, my whole family, minus my sister, are not really what you would call 'techno-savvy' people. But that's alright, because I now have my blog, and, although it's probably not the most professional-looking blog, it's enough to get me going.
But why did I want to start this blog? Well, the answer could be simple, or it could be complex. Choose what you will, but here are my reasons...
First of all, I like to write. Love to write, in fact. I have a longing to share my ideas and thoughts with the world, to affect humanity in some positive way. That can seem quite an overwhelming, far-fetched, even impossible wish at times, especially for a young person. But the yearning remains there, nonetheless. So I suppose that creating a blog was the most logical and productive thing I could do towards achieving something of this longing, for the time being anyway.
Secondly, I tend to be a bit of a procrastinator; I suppose by nature (I will very begrudgingly admit), but I think that also perhaps by some other issue that is deeply-rooted inside of me, which I shall not delve into at this point. But I find it very hard to keep on top of things, and to be accountable to do the things that I love to do. And I do love writing. Which is why I believe creating a blog will summon up some deep determination in me to continue writing, if not for myself, for my readers, as having this expectation placed upon me will propell me to muster some more self-discipline, more than I would have simply sitting in my safe, cosy, comfortable bedroom, cradling my diary...which tends to exist in either a lonely, clean, white-page state for many months at a time, or be completely scrawled over with illegible handwriting after I decide that I finally must record something of my life, and go on an insane writing binge.
No. I need something consistent and orderly, where I can continue to write at a steady pace. Something that will allow me to release some of the thoughts that are constantly bombarding my mind and bouncing around, contained inside, begging to be shown to the world. Something that will serve as a place where I can share those things that greatly inspire and affect me, in positive ways. I want to show who I am and what I love to more than just my small, personal circle. I want to bring something of who I am to the world. And this is my first step.
So, after a great deal of thinking, researching and fiddling around with formats, text size, and font colour, here it is, at last!
My blog. The Planting.
And I may choose to elaborate on why I chose this title in further blogs, but for now, I must leave it there, and hope that this brief introduction to me and my reasons to creating this blog, will suffice and keep people interested in things to come. For I am just as interested to see what becomes of this blog, as I don't have a particular intention, besides an outlet for my thoughts and little bursts of inspiration. And these, I am sure we both know, can be very sporadic in their appearances, although not in the least necessarily lacking in importance or philosophical value. I am excited to see what my mind continues to make of the world around me. Until then, farewell readers!
Violet Quercus
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment